Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggested Metropolice Force Changes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darko

Darko

Suggested Metropolice Force Changes Empty
PostSubject: Suggested Metropolice Force Changes   Suggested Metropolice Force Changes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:31 am

As everyone knows, we have a large amount of low ranking Metropolice Force community members and as such, I have a major suggestion on how we deal with the MPF hear on out.

Suggestion One Naming

I'll leave this simple, I don't like the name "Metropolice Force" we should change it. We could use Combine Civil Authority like other servers do, but it's also over used. We can try new things, maybe UPF, Union Protection Force, UUCPA, Universal Union Civilization Protection Agency, UMP, Union Metropolitan Police, CDF, Combine Defense Force, we can list names all day, these are just some suggestions. Overwatch Transhuman Arm is fine, I like that name Smile

Suggestion Two Divisions

We seem to have a little bit of a problem taking care of our Divisions, the only two units I ever seen in a division are the RAZOR Divisional (me) and the GRID Divisional (Scrimrot). I propose a way to adjust the Divisions majorly, by removing most of them. Got your attention now? Good. This is my new system of Divisions written out.

• UNION: The most basic of divisions. When a citizen is accepted into the Metropolice Force, they are automatically assigned this division. This Division trains units in the most basic task, such as patrolling, etiquette, weapon proficiency, verdicts & violations, all the basic things. A unit must achieve the rank of 01 to leave this division, and he may then ask a Divisional Leader of another Division for a transfer, where he will be given the rank of 05 in said Division. When a units rank is reset, he still holds all the power an 01 holds, but none of the equipment such as MP7s of higher grade kevlar, the reason being if a unit is this highly trained to be transferred, he can defend himself without higher grade equipment. From this point on, only the Divisional Leader of this Division and the Officer of this Division may promote the unit, not based on experience, but based on Division training.

• PHANTOM: The stealth division. Units that belong to PHANTOM, or plan on joining PHANTOM can not receive prosthetic augmentations, only non-viable augmentations. The reason behind this is that units in the PHANTOM division are, at times, required to remove their uniform and assume the identity of a citizen as to infiltrate the population and learn of any anti-civil activity. Disguised units are allowed to carry a 9mm when in disguise and can issue orders to units on patrol, but are not authorized to carry any tagged Union tech as it could expose their identity.

• FLATLINE: The medical division. FLATLINE is a medical division that is the second most basic division. After earning a transfer, FLATLINE units are taught in more advanced medical procedures that many doctors of the early 21st century had learned in years of medical training. Thanks to advances in simulation training, units can learn these procedures in nearly months. All units in the FLATLINE division are basic field medics, able to operate and deal with units while in the field, not needing to bring them to the Medical ward of any Nexus/City (though it is better to do so for sanitary reasons). Along with being field medics, the FLATLINE division is in charge of installing augmentations to units.

• NOVA: The advanced Sociostability division. NOVA, ah yes. Think of it as JURY and RAZOR got married, their child is NOVA. NOVA, being advanced Soviostability division, is like the Universal Union's version of a SWAT team, does everything RAZOR is supposed to do (breaching, assault, extraction) and what the commong JURY division does (advanced interrogation, torture, Stalkerization, detainment handling). Don't get confused about detainment handling, by this, I mean when a unit makes an arrest, a JURY unit meets him/her at the Nexus gate, picks up the detainee, locks them up, and IDs the citizen (MPF in the field don't need to apply citizens they arrest, JURY does that when they are detained). Once ID'd Jury sets the arrest cycle and is tasked with letting a citizen out of detainment when their time is up. JURY units are the only units authorized to make a public amputation (calling citizens to watch an amputation).
Back to top Go down
Jarsix42

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Metropolice Force Changes   Suggested Metropolice Force Changes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 am

Wow....this is....amazing.
Back to top Go down
MrOmbuh

MrOmbuh

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Metropolice Force Changes   Suggested Metropolice Force Changes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:25 pm

Divisions: Maybe
Naming: Civil Metroplex Authority?
I do not like the idea of the PHANTOM division though
Back to top Go down
https://omicron-community.forumotion.com
Darko

Darko

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Metropolice Force Changes   Suggested Metropolice Force Changes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:56 pm

MrOmbuh wrote:
Divisions: Maybe
Naming: Civil Metroplex Authority?
I do not like the idea of the PHANTOM division though

Like that, CMA, good name. As for divisions, Switchy said to implement some of them but add different ones.
Back to top Go down
Rec.Gundom

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Metropolice Force Changes   Suggested Metropolice Force Changes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Naming: UUP, Universal Union Plebs

Divisions: I agree with Union, Flat-line and Nova (Nova would need some implements however such as heavy weaponry and possibly large augmentations.) As for Phantom... eh, seems overused, IF we're trying to avoid cliches that is the most useless and overused cliche in my opinion, however the idea of a stealth unit is great, good luck designing it however, there isn't much you can do but say "Alacatraz, turn on your cloak." or Snake's octo-cam, or maybe you'll pick the typical hide and espionage, but the whole armed citizen seems silly, as most of our MPF aren't ready for that sort of thing, as what happened with Pontus; The whole execution thing to him and how he was under-cover or something like that. (I have no idea what it was I just witnessed the execution.)

Overall, great ides just needs a few touch-ups.
Back to top Go down
Darko

Darko

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Metropolice Force Changes   Suggested Metropolice Force Changes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:49 pm

The only reason PHANTOM was suggested was because I've seen it on a few servers and all units in that division seemed to enjoy the roleplay. As for UUP, I hope you meant to write police and not plebs.
Back to top Go down
Demonic

Demonic

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Metropolice Force Changes   Suggested Metropolice Force Changes Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:58 am

We don't have enough people on the server or in the MPF (Or whatever you guys call them) to support that many divisions. I'd say take about, two of those, and whatever we don't choose, we teach in basic training. For example, if we take Union and Nova, we won't have the stealth group. Who says you can't teach units to be stealthy? And the most stealthy units will be the ones sent on reconiscance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Metropolice Force Changes   Suggested Metropolice Force Changes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggested Metropolice Force Changes
Page 1 of 1