Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jarsix42

Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application Empty
PostSubject: Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application   Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Steam Name: Jarsix

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2973299

Have you ever had any experience with being a Vort? If so, please explain: Currently no.

How long have you been with Omicron Networks: Four days.

Give an estimate of how long you have been roleplaying, and please list your roleplay experience: About three years. First started in Champions Online, and quickly became hooked. Have been RPing every day for the past three years at this point.

Desired Vortigaunt name: Kal'Nouk

Please give us a example on how you would roleplay as an 'Ensalved' Vortigaunt, and a free Vortigaunt. Include details on how you would interact socially, and mentally. You can also interact with either Citizens, CCA, or Anti-Citizens (Resistance):

Enslaved:

Citizen: How can you stand that...thing bound to you?

Me: I cannot...

Citizen: Why don't you fight back?

Me: I cannot...

*Combine starts to approach*

Combine: Citizen, get out of here. You, Vortigaunt, come with me.

*I follow, willingly, but not happy about what will happen.*

*Combine proceed to use a device to drain me of vortiessence causing immense pain*

*I pass out from the process*

*Upon waking up...*

Combine: The Apartments need some serious cleaning, get to it.

*He tosses me a broom.*

Me: Yes Sir..

*As I clean the Apartments a Citizen walks up. I notice he opens his mouth to talk, but I quickly put my righ hand up to stop him.*

Me: Don't. I do not wish for you to get in trouble.

*The Citizen nods and walks off*

Me, thinking to myself: How long must I wear these bonds of torment...

Free:

Combine: Dispatch, we have a Votrigaunt not bound here.

Me: You shall not tie me to shackles again!

*Rebels come from around a corner.*

Rebel 1: He told us what you do to Vorts.

Rebel 2: We're not about to let you keep doing that.

*A massive firefight starts, resulting in many Metropolice deaths. I walk up to the Sectorial commander.*

Me: Do you remember me, SeC?

*I point at a scar the SeC had given me during enslavement.*

SeC: Yes.

*I procced to overload the SeC's suit with a surge of vortiessence, effectively killing him killing him.*

Rebel 2: Damn...your a hell of a fighter. You should come with-...

*I put my hand up to stop him.*

Me: No. Today was the last day I ever fought....

*The Rebel gives me a confused look as I walk off.*

Describe the history, psychology, and physiology of the Vortigaunt species: Vortigaunts possess multiple eyes, two arms (along with a third on their chest, mainly used for grasping), two legs and two rectums, suggesting they reproduce in a manner similiar to humans. They also have access to a unique energy they call the vortiessence, wich allows them to communicate telepathically, or use it offensively. Using vortiessence for attacks is difficult and requires an immense amount of endurance.

Vortigaunts, for most of their history, have been enslaved for countless decades. wither it be by Combine, or another being or race. They have often said that they cannot stand the bind of forced labor, often wishing to be freed. Vortigaunts are very intelligent and social, working as scientists for the Rebel's while. They tend to travel in groups or pairs, or alone in solotude.

Please give us a background of your Vortigaunt, be descriptive, and take your time:

Kal'Nouk is a vortigaunt with near perfect english, though having minor flaws here and there. He is very friendly, though tends not to speak out of fear for others getting in trouble for speaking with him. He is quite clever, being able to learn on the fly. He has a medium sized scare on his right shoulder, as well as a smalelr one across his left leg. He, like many other Vortigaunts, has expressed a dislike for enslavement. He thought he was free after Freeman defeated the Nihilanth. He was displeased to be enslaved by the Combine after the seven hour war, yet he still bides his time. Waiting for the day he is truly free.

"How long must I wear the chains of torment...How long must I be drained of my vortiessence. I just wish the day that me and my people are finally free would come. I grow tired of working constantly. I just want to travel the world, see it's magnificent sights and make friends. These humans are as enslaved as us Vortigaunts. Perhaps we can work out an alliance..."

"The Rebel's fight so stubbornly to reclaim their world and free their people from the Combine's grasp. Yet, I do not blame them. I will assist them when I can, but I work better as a scientist. When this war is over...I'm going to enjoy the worlds sights and cuisines. I have not once had a chance to have fun....I think it's high time I did."

Anything else you would like us to know?:
Godmoding, metagaming, and powergaming is not tolerated, and will result in you becoming blacklisted.

Do you understand that you can die just like any regular human?: Yes, I understand

Last edited by Jarsix42 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jarsix42

PostSubject: Re: Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application   Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Pleae forgive me if this seem rather generic, I've never RPed a Vort before.
Back to top Go down
Rec.Gundom

PostSubject: Re: Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application   Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Hmm...

Pending

Add another paragraph to your backstory.
It's rather simple, but just develop a bit more, think of writing it in a 1st person perspective, how would your vort feel in some situations? Also the RP Example is a bit small, expand it more.

Overall: Good work, but you just need to expand.
Back to top Go down
Jarsix42

PostSubject: Re: Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application   Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm

Alright, thanks. I added more to it.
Back to top Go down
Rec.Gundom

PostSubject: Re: Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application   Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:07 pm

Hm...
Good enough I suppose.

You'll be starting as a vort slave however and must acquire freedom someway or another, best of luck, kin.

Accepted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application   Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jarsix's Vortigaunt Application
Page 1 of 1